Monday, February 9, 2009

what my mother doesn't know by Sonya Sones


What happens when a girl falls in love with the class "dork". Will she betray him when she is teased by her classmates? A novel written in blank verse.


From Mom and Dad Used to Be in Love

But now they have

these hideous battles all the time.

They scream their guts out

at each other about thinks like

how they should be raising me

or about money or the in-laws

or even just what movie to go see.


Their shrieking whips around inside me like a tornado.

And no fingers crammed in my ears,

no pillows held over my head,

can block it out.


From The Meaning of Murphy

(Okay.

I laughed too.

But only so no one would think

I was strange.)


From But Suddenly

And he looks

so happy to see me

his tail's practically wagging.




No comments: